How to Have a Stress-Free Moving Experience
DMoving can be both a stress and a nightmare, especially for the novice movers who do not know the first thing about moving or packing. It is important to have as much information as you possibly can before starting your move.
The more information you gather on your move, the smoother the move will go and the less stress you will experience. There are many sources you can access on how to have a stress-free moving experience. The faster you pack your items, the less time they will take to unpacking once everything is in place.
If you are unsure of how to pack your belongings, you can always hire a professional moving company. It is important that you research these moving companies before hiring one so you will know if you are hiring the best company to do the job for your move.
Packing is the first and most important step that should be taken for any moving. You may be thinking why is packing so important. It’s because there are so many things that we need to pack and put under our limos for moving to our new place. Packing helps you to be organized, which makes it easier for you to move around the whole area with all your stuff safely without being squashed by the huge mass of moving boxes and other fragile items. Packing also allows you to make sure that all your important documents will be in order and ready before the actual moving day.
Below are some tips on how to pack for moving day.
- Prior to your moving day, you need to make sure that all the boxes, bags and other fragile items are packed properly. You can do this by putting it in separate spots or placing it in one big box that will make it easy for you to move around.
- After making sure that you are packed properly, the next step is to call your moving company or movers.
- You need to let them know that you are planning to move and you want them to come early so that they won’t be the one to pack all your boxes. This way you will be able to move around in your new house in advance without anyone packing your boxes for you.
- Once your mover arrives, they will help you with the actual packing process.
- Usually, they will pack your home so that you can move around easily inside.
However, you still need to make sure that your belongings are secured before the movers start tearing down your old house.
Write Everything Down!
Make a packing list to have a stress-free moving experience. Having a list will keep you on task and give you time to address the smaller details of your move. The majority of moving companies offer packing supplies, so it shouldn’t be difficult to find boxes, tape and other items.
- If you’re going to hire a moving company or simply do the packing on your own, make sure you know how much space you’re dealing with ahead of time.
- You may need to rent storage for some of your items so knowing the approximate size of items that you have will prevent you from purchasing too much or too little.
- On your packing list, mark down all the small but necessary items like tape, scissors, and other staples. It’s also a good idea to bring along packing labels and tapes so you don’t have to make a random choice while unpacking everything.
- Mark down all the large but unnecessary items such as dry cleaning machines and furniture.
Check your packing list to make sure that you still have all of the small, needed items. If you need more storage, ask a family member or friend to lend you some. These small details will pay off in the long run because you will have a stress-free experience.
Keep Adequate Packing Supplies
Moving and Packing Supplies can make the move easy, or stressful, depending on how you choose to deal with it. If you’re like most people, the stress of pulling your family and belongings all across the country in advance of a long, gruelling trip probably won’t seem like something that is worth dealing with. However, relocating to a new place can be a very intimidating task for even the steadiest of individuals, no matter what the size of the move will be. The best way to prepare for a move is to have a plan that includes all the details, from packing, to transporting, and of course, storage.
Here are some simple tips to keep in mind that will help anyone with a big or small move feel more prepared.
- Start your packing supplies early, preferably about a week before you leave.
- Doing so gives you time to scout out locations that will be appropriate to store your things, as well as get some price quotes for packing materials.
- While you’ll want to spend as much money as possible on your packing supplies, you should also remember that you don’t necessarily need to spend a fortune to get the job done properly.
- Take some time to browse through magazines, visit a furniture store, and check the Internet for some fun ideas on what to pack.
- It’s also helpful to enlist the help of friends and family when making your move.
The added support can really pay off when it comes time to unpack and find that you’re overwhelmed at the store. After all, nobody wants to be in such a hurry to get out that they ruin the experience for themselves.
Keep Color Code Handy
As moving day comes near, those packed boxes will finally be opened and unpacked. It is important to have your property fitted with alarms to ensure that no one will be harmed in your absence. By using colour-coded locks, you will not only make your property secured but you can also keep tabs on your tenants or friends.
- By installing security systems, you can easily see who is inside your property. Alarms are usually installed outside the house and sound off when someone tries to enter the property.
- This way, you won’t have to worry about intruders since you can easily identify them once you spot them outside.
- However, if you want to further secure your property, you need more than just simple alarms. There are other security measures that you can take such as window and door locks to further secure your home.
- If you want to further secure your property, you may want to consider installing a good quality deadbolt. By having a high quality door lock, you can at least avoid intruders who can simply use your door for their own personal gain.
- With a colour coded lock system installed on your doors and windows, you can easily see who is inside the property without actually opening it.
- With this, you will be able to inform the police about intruders and hopefully prevent any unnecessary damage done to your home.
Keep Things Together
It can be very easy to lose items along the way when packing for a move. It is important to have at least two boxes or larger storage containers where you can put items. This helps to make it easier to find the items you need when unpacking.
- You should have a specific colour for boxes and things inside of them so that you know what they are for and what is inside of each box when you get ready to unpack.
- The benefit of having everything labelled is that it makes it much easier to find something that you are looking for or need when unpacking.
- This also makes it much easier to remember where you stored things as you will know exactly where you started and ended with everything.
- One last tip to remember before you begin to move is to plan ahead. If you already have packed your belongings, it makes it easier on you when the time comes because you will have already organized everything.
However, if you do not have any idea of what you will end up packing or how long you will be gone, then it is recommended that you use a moving company.
In order to have a stress-free moving experience, you will need to pack your belongings well in advance of the moving date. This will ensure that your stuff will be protected and ready to unpack when you get to your new home. If you can pack your items at least 2 weeks before the move date, you can ensure that you’ll be able to move your things in a much safer and faster manner.
There are many tips for packing to take into consideration, but one of the most important is not to put ANYTHING in the boxes that you might get lost in the packing process.
- Move around in small circles. This will allow you to not only get more done, but will also allow you to not feel like you are just running around the house as if you were trying to pack all of your moving boxes at once.
- Finally, one of the best tips for packing is to be sure that everything is organized right from the start. Many people make the mistake of putting items in boxes that aren’t even opened, so they never get to see what is in those boxes.
- One great way to avoid this problem is to use clear plastic bins that can be placed anywhere during the move process.
- Also, keep things like newspapers and pillows within easy reach, so that they will be easily accessible. By taking all of these simple steps, you will be sure to move faster, and enjoy a stress-free moving experience.
Use Packing Cubes
You can never have too many packing cubes. When moving to a new place or just about any place for that matter, you need to have packing cubes on hand. Why do you need so many? It’s simply because moving can be an extremely stressful experience if you don’t plan and prepare correctly. If you have a ton of items to move or even just need a small portion of your items moved, it can be hard to know where to begin. Using luggage is one way to handle the situation.
- There are different styles of luggage, but they all essentially do the same thing which is to keep your items from rolling around in your suitcase or on top of each other.
- With the help of luggage, you will be able to move these larger items with ease.
- The other benefit you will get out of using luggage is being able to pack your items as small as possible into the smallest space possible without having to worry about damaging the item.
- The type of luggage you choose depends upon what you will be using it for the most.
- If you are just doing a quick local move then you don’t need to pack anything at all.
- You can simply toss everything in a big box or even hire a mover to do it for you.
Keep Valuables Safe
Are you planning to have a moving day? If you are, then it would be better if you already have an idea on how to keep valuables safe during the move. If you have a lot of valuables to be transported, then you need to know first the ways on how you can pack your belongings safely so that it would be safe for the truck while transporting it to the new place. Here are some easy ways on how to do that.
- The very first thing that you have to do before you start to move is to create a list of all the things that you have to do and the destinations that you have to take.
- With this list, you will be able to prioritize each thing on its own so that you will be able to complete the things you have to do easily.
- Then, get the boxes for everything you have to move. You can use the board of transportation to help you determine the right directions for your move.
- Make sure that the boxes for your valuables are completely wrapped. You should also put the heavier boxes at the bottom, and lighter ones at the top. This would lessen the space that you take up in the truck while driving.
- Also, it would give more space for you to load your valuables like electronic appliances, and other valuable items inside your boxes.
- And finally, do not forget to close the outer packaging of your boxes for protection as well as to avoid any damages on them.
Collect Documents Early
When packing your documents, make sure that you collect them all early. You should remove any sleepwear, socks and shoes from the closet before you start packing. Check your luggage and the boxes before loading it to ensure that they are clean and all your items are intact. Check these bills with the manager or your movers before you leave to avoid any last minute mishaps during the move. This will also help you determine how much you need to pack so you can determine the size of your move container that you will use to move your belongings.
A stress-free moving experience means you have taken all necessary precautionary measures. Your moving company will pack your belongings in such a way that they will be transported in one piece. Hiring a reputed moving company from Melbourne ensures that all these procedures are followed. Contact our Moving Company in Melbourne for a stress-free moving experience.
Contact our experienced moving company in Melbourne at 1800 845 100 for free quotes on moving services. Our professional team would provide you with various options on the kind of moving services you can use for your relocation. After getting free quotes from various moving companies, you can choose the best moving company from whom you can take all advantages.
You should always hire a reputed moving company for all your moving needs, so that you don’t have to worry about the safety of your valuable properties.